Your First Audition
Here is how the process will work…
Your agent will submit to casting on your behalf. From there casting will fine tune their search based on headshots, resume and special skills. If requested by casting you will receive a notification email, shortly after you will receive an email from Shine confirming the upcoming audition. At this point we will give you all details that we have, for example:
- Date & Time: February 6th, Tuesday, 2:45pm
- Place: The Film Factory at 1126 Richter Street, Kelowna, BC, V1Y2K7
- Job: Project P
- Role: Customer
- Wardrobe: Please wear jeans and a t-shirt (make sure there are no logos or fine prints)
- Call Backs: February 9
- Shooting: February 17-21
- Sides (Script to be ready at audition): IMPROV or they will be emailed the day/night before
Once you have received all pertinent information, now is the time to confirm with your agent. Please review and understand all details surrounding your audition. If you are unclear of ANYTHING please contact us. We are always happy to help. Your success is our success.
When you arrive (10 -15 minutes early of course) at the studio on the day of your audition, check in right away. Fully complete all casting forms, include any upcoming away dates and any important information pertaining to this audition. After checking in with the assistant, filling out all forms and reviewing your sides, please sit and wait quietly (don’t forget about silencing your phone as well). Reputation is everything in this business and it is very important to be courteous and friendly.
Upon entering your audition, casting may ask you to “SLATE”. Slating is an initial introduction of yourself to production. Slate includes your name and agency, and occasionally your age.
For example; Hi, My name is Katherine Mackenzie (I’m 18 years old) and I’m with Shine Agency.
When you are done in the audition send your sincere thanks and get going. Don’t loiter, be professional. We will hear about callbacks the day before the actual date.
- Please make an effort to not only be on time, but early. Being there 10 – 15 minutes before your audition time will allow a moment to fill out casting forms when you arrive and familiarize yourself with any lines they may have for you.
- Please be sure to fill out the forms correctly; Agent name, phone numbers and sizes. Remember that these casting forms are usually the information production gets about you and making sure your information is correct and up to date is very important. Also, note any dates you may be unavailable.
- Please take a headshot and resume with you to each and every audition. If you do not have a resume yet please send us an email and we will get it out to you ASAP. If you need copies of your headshots made, contact Rocket Repro. They are the most reasonable prices that we are aware of. They are located in Vancouver. (604) 682 – 6000
- Once you are in the audition room, the Director will tell you what to do; please listen carefully and take direction well. If you had sides be sure you have them memorized, you may want to take them in with you to review while you wait. Please also follow any wardrobe notes as closely as possible.
- Please be quiet while waiting your turn to audition, this is a common courtesy to the other actors. Cellphones on silent or vibrate please.
- If you ever have any questions about an audition before you go please email or text. We would rather you ask a question than go and be unsure or uninformed.